Well, it certainly has been an interesting year! It's always a little bittersweet to look back over the year and see it come to an end. While I am so happy and proud of everything we have accomplished this year, it's also sad to see the years flying by so fast.
So, in the spirit of the new year, here's a little reminiscing, a couple resolutions, and a year in photos.
2011: It was a very good year!
2011 began for me in a pub surrounded by good friends. I was a couple months pregnant and trying my hardest to stay awake and make it to midnight.
It will end with Hubby and I at home, probably trying our hardest to stay awake and make it to midnight. Hopefully Peanut will be fast asleep though...
I had a baby. Officially the craziest thing I have ever done.
I did not travel farther than 3 hours from my home. :( So strange.
I turned 30.
I witnessed the marriages of my good friends and of my sister-in-law. So much love!
For the first time since I was 16 years old I do not have an official "job".
We bought a new car.
I learned how to use a sewing machine and created a retro masterpiece. Well, masterpiece might be a little inaccurate.
I celebrated a year of marriage with the love of my life.
I started this little ol' blog.
I lost my heart to the cutest little man around.
My Top 3 Posts of 2011 (according to how many times they've been viewed)
I hesitate to use the word "resolutions". I do not have a very good history with making resolutions. In fact, I can't think of one I've ever kept. So, I would rather call it "Things I would like to accomplish in 2012" but it's less catchy...
1. I would like to learn how to use our DSLR and start taking better photos (already enrolled in a photo class in January...yesssss...). This one is also a personal goal.
2. I would like to try and attend a blog event.
3. Reach 100 followers and 100 Facebook "likes". Definitely really close on this one, so hopefully it's attainable!
4. Continue to see some growth with this little space of mine in the vast internetland.
5. Make some more meaningful bloggy friendships with the awesome people out there in the blogosphere.
1. I would like to get back into doing yoga on a regular basis.
2. I would like both Hubby and I to "get healthy". Basically, lose some weight and eat healthier. I have a bad track record with this though.
3. I would like to actually go on some adventures again! On my list of "must-dos" this year? Camping, and a trip to Mexico to see one of my favourite people get married.
4. I would like to try and find a way to avoid putting Peanut into daycare so that I can work. That, or find a job that I love so that it will be worth it.
5. Possibly try and tackle painting the house so it's more our style.
Wishing you all a happy, peaceful, prosperous and joyful New Year!!
I'm Amy, and I'm a Mommy with nary a clue as to how to do this whole "parenting" thing. As a former traveler, I view this as another journey, although this time without a map, a plan or a clue! We call Canada home.